Meade SN-6 AT UHTC 6″ f/5 Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope on LXD75 AT Mount
The Schmidt-Newtonian is a design so unique, only Meade makes it. This revolutionary design gives you the best of both worlds…Observing & Astrophotography. The Meade Schmidt-Newtonian does it all. Thanks to world-famous Meade corrector lens technology, Schmidt-Newtonians have just 1/2 the coma of standard Newtonians (coma is a fuzzy-star aberration that occurs in standard Newtonian and Dobsonian reflectors). These scopes are versatile, portable, and high-tech. Online forums positively rave about the optics. Astrophotographer Steve Hamilton is impressed by “the tack-sharp round stars, exquisite detail, and flat field” of these premium scopes. They are an “astrophotographer’s dream”, perfect for taking low-power images of objects so faint you can’t even see them with the naked eye. The Schmidt-Newtonian is the flagship of the LXD75 line. Buy one and let the fun begin.The LXD75 series is the perfect “step-up” telescope for anyone who wants to see farther and begin to explore astrophotography with a Meade DSI imager. This series gives you a solid GoTo mount with time-tested pointing and tracking accuracy and enough aperture to capture the faint light of tantalizing deep space objects. It also makes premium optics (including the elite Schmidt-Newtonian optical design that only Meade makes) affordable to everyone. The LXD75 German Equatorial Mount is the most sturdy, worm-driven, computer-compatible mount you will find for the money. Add a fast f/4 focal ratio 8″ or 10″ Schmidt-Newtonian and you have a set-up tailor-made for Meade’s DSI imagers (f/4 is the optimum focal ratio for any DSI, DSLR, or CCD imager). The entire LXD75 series is built around the sturdy LXD75 German Equatorial Mount that can also be used with other old or new optical tube assemblies in your collection.
Meade SN-6 AT UHTC 6″ f/5 Schmidt-Newtonian Telescope on LXD75 AT Mount Features…
- Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain optics are mounted in precision-machined aluminum cells and mounted in sturdy steel tubes which are baked with high-grade textured enamel paint. The optical tube assembly is closed, reducing air currents inside the tube. This prevents distortion of an otherwise sharp image. Plus, a closed tube significantly helps keep the optics clean.
- The corrector lens fully corrects for spherical aberration and provides pinpoint star images. Water white glass is used in all Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain corrector lenses to maximize light transmission. The use of water white glass results in an increase of light transmission in excess of 10%, as compared to competing telescopes using soda lime glass.
- Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain corrector lenses and mirrors are individually figured to create a superior optical system which is renowned for its exquisite smoothness and performance.
- Premium-grade Pyrex mirrors are used in all Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain optical systems, providing exceptional thermal stability versus competing models using standard plate glass.
- Meade’s Schmidt-Newtonians have extremely fast, well corrected f/Ratios for short photographic exposure times and wide fields-of-view.
- 2″ Rack and pinion focuser on Schmidt-Newtonian & Refractor models allows the user to achieve a precise focus. Accepts both 1.25″ & 2″ eyepieces.
- Schmidt-Newtonian and Schmidt-Cassegrain optics are manufactured at Meade’s state-of-the-art facility in Irvine, California, then performance tested on an Interferometer.
- The AutoStar controller helps you quickly find, and GO TO over 30,000 objects in the night sky. View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae, and comets…all at the push of a button. AutoStar is pre-programmed with several guided tours, including the popular Tonight’s Best™. Input date, time and location—then let AutoStar take you on a guided tour of the best objects that particular night.
- The LXD75 is a sturdy mount with heavy-duty castings. It was designed by Meade’s engineers and manufactured for high-performance observing and astrophotography.
- The sturdy Meade LXD75 German Equatorial Mount is accurate and precise. The RA and Dec axes move effortlessly on four high-precision stainless steel ball bearings.
- High-precision worm gears are located on both axes for smooth tracking and slewing.
- For even more precise pointing, use the HPP (High Precision Pointing) function. HPP puts objects in the center of the field-of-view, which allows you to confirm deep sky objects at the faintest limits of the telescope’s capability.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects periodic errors on the RA axis over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photography.
- The LXD75 9-Speed Drive is controlled from the AutoStar controller, from a rapid slew rate of 4.5°/sec. to 1x sidereal.
- 3-Star Alignment ensures precise alignment. It eliminates the need for a complicated optical/mechanical alignment process.
- Variable-height heavy-duty field tripod with spreader bar brace provides the stability and vibration damping required for visual observation and astrophotography.
- The LXD75 mount includes an illuminated polar alignment viewfinder for quick, precise polar alignment.
- The Meade LXD75 German Equatorial Mount is powered by 8 D-size batteries. It can also be powered by an optional car cigarette lighter (#607 DC Power Cord) or #547 AC wall adapter.Other standard features you’ll appreciate are: Included Polar Illuminated Viewfinder, RA Control System: 9-speed, microprocessor-controlled, 12v DC, 72mm (2.83″) worm gear, Declination Control System: 9-speed, microprocessor-controlled, 12v DC, 72mm (2.83″) worm gear, Hemispheres of Operation: North and South, GO TO Pointing Precision (approx.): 15 arc mins., Slow-Motion Controls: electric, both axes, Bearings: 2 – Ball Bearings RA: outer – 1×58mm, 1×47mm; inner – 1×45mm, 1×35mm DEC: outer – 1×72mm, 1×47mm; inner – 1×55mm, 1×30mm, AutoStar(R) Hand Controller: PIC 16C57 microcontroller; 2 line x 16 alphanumeric character display; 20-button keypad, red LED backlit, Main Telescope Controller: Motorola(R) 68HC11 microprocessor; 1-Megabyte flash memory (field reprogrammable); 32K RAM, Slew Speeds both axes: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1.5°/sec., 3°/sec., 4.5°/sec. and Tracking Rates: sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates.
Meade Product Number: 0605-75-02
14 Responses to “Meade SN-6 AT Telescope – 6″ Schmidt-Newtonian on LXD75 AT Mount”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.